Firstly, let me be clear about this – Cleanse days are not to be “survived”. If you go into them having this attitude then you WILL find these days difficult. In fact, start any day of your life with the attitude that you just need to survive it and you’re sure to have a bad day. Cleanse days should be enjoyed!
I remember when I saw my schedule for my first cleanse day. I was not impressed. I thought I was going to be starving and I couldn’t really see the point of doing one anyway. However, those of you who have completed one of these days know that they are quite enjoyable and totally worth it.
As an example I am doing a cleanse day currently. It’s a Monday, it’s raining outside, but I still feel great. I know I am giving my body a much needed break after a weekend of good food and great beer – yes, Isagenix product users do drink beer!
Ok, so what are my main tips? In no particular order…
- Try to get up late and go to bed early. If you really find these days bad, then why not shorten the day? Personally I just see it as a day to give my body a rest from digestion and I also get a bit of extra sleep for the week ahead. Some people feel more tired and some people feel more energised on these days.
- Drink lots of water and then drink some more. This helps keep you hydrated and flushes the toxins out of your body.
- Have a positive attitude. Going into your day knowing that you are doing great things for your body really changes how you view the day.
- Have IsaDelights at hand. When I started these cleanse days I didn’t know much about these Isagenix chocolates. Get a box now. They are really nice, especially on cleanse days.
- Avoid strenuous exercise. I usually go for a walk along the beach or to the shops, but I will avoid going to the gym.
- Cleanse with your partner. It’s easier if you are both cleansing on the same day. Then you will not be tempting each other away from the task at hand.
- Snack little and often. Again IsaDelights are great for this.
Do you have any tips to share? Contact me if you would like to share your tips on this website.Photo credit